Group and Class Visits
Please call the Library at 303-441-3110 to schedule school and group visits with library staff at least two weeks in advance of the date you prefer. Drop-in visits can not be adequately accommodated by library staff due to the limited size and staffing within the building.
When you schedule your visit, we would like to set up a time to meet with you to discuss your needs and expectations at least one week prior to your visit.
Please notify the library as soon as possible if a group needs to cancel a visit.
Due to the size of our reading room and the types of materials with which we work, we need to limit the times and numbers of people in group visits. To make an appointment, we will want to know:
- the purpose of your group's visit
- how many will be in your group and age range of the group
- the date, the time and length of your visit
- name and phone number of a contact person
- the types of library materials you anticipate you might need and subjects of interest
- whether or not ADVANCED training should be scheduled for teachers and assistants
- any special needs you can identify for your group
The Library Staff can provide:
- brief library tours that highlight the building and the collection
- assistance in specific classroom assignments that require usage of our materials
- limited assistance finding materials depending on size of class