Checking out a NOOK
In many ways, the NOOK is just like a regular book! They are listed in our catalog and within the record, you will find a list of the bestseller titles on each NOOK.
If you would like to be on the waiting list, click on the "Request a Hold" link at the top of the NOOK catalog page or contact us at 303-441-3100. When notified that your hold is ready, you’ll need to pick it up at the circulation desk rather than the hold shelf area.
NOTE: The Library's NOOKs circulate only to City of Boulder residents who are 18 or older.
Have your own NOOK, Kindle or other e-reader? You can download library books directly to your device. Learn more about our e-book collection.
Returning a NOOK
Bestseller NOOKs loan period - 3 weeks, no renewals
Overdue fees - $5.00 per day / $50 maximum fine
Complete loan rules
NOTE: You must return the Nook to the same circulation desk where you picked it up. Do not use any book drop or the automated return. A NOOK returned to the book drop may be charged up to the $175 replacement cost. See the fees listed below.
What if I lose something?
You will need to replace the part at full cost.
- NOOKs returned in book drop (undamaged) - $15.00
- NOOKs returned in book drop (damaged) - $175.00
- Simple Touch Nook - $175.00
- Power Cord - $25.00
- Case - $25.00
- Instruction booklet - $5.00
- De-registration of content - $50.00
Limitations and Disclaimers
- The Library’s NOOKs only circulate to City of Boulder residents who are 18 or older.
- The NOOK must be returned at the circulation desk that it was picked up from, not in the book drop. A NOOK not returned to the circulation desk may be charged up to the $175 replacement cost.
- The Library’s NOOKs come preloaded with a number of titles to choose from and does not work with books from Overdrive or any other source.
- The Library’s NOOKs cannot connect to Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks.