Teachers in the Boulder Valley School District, and pre-schools, private schools and home-schools in Boulder County may apply for a Teacher account. The teacher's signature on the back of the library card means that the teacher accepts financial responsibility for all lost and damaged item charges and collection agency fees. Teacher's library cards are issued at the Children's department in the main library and expire at the end of August each year. Please note that Teacher's cards may be used only for children's books at the Main Library.
Additional Responsibilities of the Card Holder
- You will receive a receipt of your materials upon check out; please use this to assist in keeping track of the items.
- Follow up on any overdue items or items returned that the computer claims are still checked out to you.
- Lost items must be paid for before other books may be checked out on that card; items 35 days overdue are now sent to a collection agency.
Privileges of the Teacher Card
- Up to 30 books from the Children's Library at the Main Branch
- Multiple copies of titles are available from the Teacher Collection section
- There is a two month, non-renewable check-out period
The Children's Staff will be happy to select books for a teacher's collection. Let us know what topic you are interested in and about how many books you need. Your customized collection will be ready in two days.
If you have special needs, please discuss them with the library staff so we may better serve you.